In this article, I will tell you about the responsive CSS frameworks used by the majority of professional developers because they offer great visuals for the site and web applications Create a website, yes you will! But I recommend you do it with a clean, fluid and flexible design.
These 5 frameworks are to be used if:
- 👉🏻 You don’t have time to reinvent the wheel;
- 👉🏻 You don’t want to spend a lot of time on the CSS of your site or web application;
- 👉🏻 You want to have an impeccable and quick design.
What is a CSS framework?
Imagine a toolbox in which you have all the basic CSS elements already configured that will allow you to go too quickly and efficiently when you design your site or your web application.
Inside your CSS toolbox, you have a design for:
- ➡️ Interactive user interface models;
- ➡️ Web typography;
- ➡️ Tooltips;
- ➡️ Buttons;
- ➡️ Form elements;
- ➡️ Icons.
- With a toolbox, you will never have to start from scratch.
- You can create a solid foundation from your box and reuse your code in all the projects you work on. Oh yes, the reuse of code.
Why use a CSS framework?
Imagine you are looking to create CSS that is consistent, concise, and effective. It can be a lot of work Days of work and sleepless nights. Hmm, it depends There are so many things that you will be forced to do like responsiveness, accessibility, and structure. Yes, you will have to see the big picture This is exactly why CSS Frameworks exist, to simplify or lighten the developer’s task by offering him well-made CSS building blocks, which can be reused in any HTML and CSS project. I stress, the reuse of code!
List of CSS frameworks
I am aware that there are a lot of CSS frameworks out there, they are just as great as the next, you can even create your homemade framework Let me just show you the 5 CSS frameworks that have been adopted and that are used by web professionals and that I also use to go too fast in the designs of the projects I am working on Bonus: By using the Wappalizer Chrome extension, you can also discover the technologies used on each website or web application that you visit. Ah, Super It is too great an extension to analyze the web and know the percentage rate of use of each technology around the world. Ah OK!
Bootstrap is presented as an open-source toolkit for developing with HTML, CSS, and JS With bootstrap you can:
- ➡️ You can quickly prototype your inspirations and ideas
- ➡️ Create the complete design of your application with Sass variables and mixins
- ➡️ Create a responsive grid system.
It has many pre-built components and powerful plugins based on jQuery This frame is ideal for beginners and people who prefer a sturdy front frame.
- 👍🏻 Complete documentation.
- 👍🏻 Responsive web design support, which can also be disabled if needed.
- 👍🏻 Full of Js bookstore.
- 👎🏻 An inordinate number of DOM elements and HTML classes can be confusing and complicated.
- 👎🏻 Out-of-the-box file size that weighs a bit too much due to an excessive number of rarely used styles.
Bulma is one of the open-source CSS frameworks based on Flexbox. It is free Now it has become very popular and over 150,000 developers are using this framework without any worries.
In this toolbox, you will find only the minimum requirements to help you start your web development project very quickly.
This lightweight frame is responsive and based on a 12 column grid system. For a beginner, learning is much easier and faster In case of problem, a huge community is available for this framework is ideal for beginners and developers who want to build responsive websites.
- 👍🏻 Very quick to customize.
- 👍🏻 It fits into any JS environment.
- 👎🏻 CSS only.
- 👎🏻 No JS or jQuery plugin.
- Materialize CSS
Materialize is officially billed as a responsive and modern front-end development framework based on Google’s material design specs.
This toolbox is delivered in the standard version and SASS version with:
- ➡️ Icons;
- ➡️ Buttons;
- ➡️ Forms;
- ➡️ Cards;
- ➡️ And other ready-to-use components.
This framework comes with ready-made CSS for:
- ➡️ Material design colors;
- ➡️ Shadows;
- ➡️ Typography;
- ➡️ And other features.
Additional features of this framework include:
- ➡️ Mobile menus to slide;
- ➡️ SASS mixins;
- ➡️ Ripple effect animation and more.
- 👍🏻 A large number of components.
- 👍🏻 Support for all types of devices.
- 👎🏻 Very large size.
- 👎🏻 No flexbox model support.
- Tailwind CSS
A utility CSS framework to quickly build custom designs.
Tailwind CSS is seen as a highly customizable, low-level CSS framework that gives you all the basic building blocks you need to create a bespoke design. A framework on size!
Most CSS frameworks do too much because they come with all kinds of predefined components such as:
- ➡️ Buttons;
- ➡️ Cards;
- ➡️ And alerts.
- All this to help you evolve faster at the beginning.
However, they are the cause of more pain than they heal when it comes to making your site stand out with a personalized design.
Instead of pre-built components, Tailwind provides low-level utility classes that allow you to create fully custom designs without ever leaving your HTML code.
- 👍🏻 No default theme.
- 👍🏻 No built-in user interface component.
- 👍🏻 No opinion on the appearance of your site.
- 👎🏻 A little too light.
- 👎🏻 Building from scratch.
Officially presented as the foundation framework is one of the very advanced frameworks. For the pro!
Foundation was created by a web design company called Zurb.
It is an ideal enterprise-level front-end framework for developing a responsive and agile website.
If you are a beginner, this is not the place to be. It is quite complex and not suitable for people unfamiliar with frameworks.
If you have a good level with frameworks, you can easily design:
- ➡️ Beautiful applications;
- ➡️ emails and websites that will look stunning on any device;
- ➡️ A foundation is readable, flexible, semantic, and fully customizable.
Foundation comes with GPU acceleration for fast and smooth animations. It offers Fastclick.js for fast rendering on mobile devices.
This framework is aimed at developers who have previous development experience and want to develop responsive, fast, and engaging websites.
- 👍🏻 Great flexibility because of no style lock.
- 👍🏻 Instead of pixels uses REMS, eliminates the need to explicitly state height, width, and other attributes for each device.
- 👎🏻 The size is big enough out of the box.
- 👎🏻 A bit complex for beginners.
Do not forget! Do not forget!! Do not forget !!! That design is the first thing a platform has to say before testing the features.
Having an attractive design can be a very good first impression of a website or web application.
I just showed you 5 amazing CSS frameworks that you can use in addition to your CSS to create a remarkable design for your website.